Benedict R. Lucchesi Distinguished Lectureship
in Cardiac Pharmacology
Deadline for submission is December 1, 2012.
The Benedict R. Lucchesi Award in Cardiac Pharmacology was established to honor Dr. Lucchesi’s lifelong scientific contributions to our better understanding and appreciation of the pharmacological treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease and for his mentoring of countless prominent cardiovascular pharmacologists in translational approaches.
The Benedict R. Lucchesi Award is a biennial award, consisting an honorarium of $1,000, a custom-designed crystal bowl depicting the named Lectureship, and up to $2,000 travel expenses including registration to the annual spring Experimental Biology meeting. A recipient will be selected and invited to deliver a state-of-the-art lecture on recent advances in the field of cardiac pharmacology at a programming session sponsored by the Division for Cardiovascular Pharmacology of the ASPET. The presentation of his/her research should be of broad interest and contribute to the growth and knowledge of the members of the Division.
There are no restrictions on institutional affiliation, nationality, or age of the candidate, but the recipient must be a member of the ASPET. Nominations must be made by a member of the ASPET, and no member may nominate more than one candidate per year. Final selection of the recipient will be made by the Awards Committee of the Division for Cardiovascular Pharmacology.
Nominations shall be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and shall consist of the following:
- No more than five letters from nominators describing the candidate’s contributions to cardiac pharmacology.
- Listing of candidate’s major contributions.
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae and bibliography.
Nominations for this Award must be received no later than 5:00 pm (EST) on December 1, 2012 for an award to be presented at Experimental Biology ’13 in Boston, MA.
Recipients of the Benedict R. Lucchesi Award
- 2007 - Garrett J. Gross
- 2009 - Joan Heller Brown
- 2011 - David J. Lefer
- 2013 - Andre Terzic
Cardiovascular Division Award Committee
- Nancy Rusch, PhD (Chair), University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Alan Bass, PhD, Merck Research Laboratories
- Alex Chen, MD, PhD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- Dayue Duan, MD., PhD, University of Nevada
- Sue Duckles, PhD, University of California at Irvine
- Steven Feinmark, PhD, Columbia University Medical Center
- Garrett Gross, PhD, Medical College of Wisconsin
- Richard Kennedy, PhD, Loyola University Medical Center
- David Ku, PhD, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Mariana Morris, PhD, Wright State University