Neuropharmacology Predoctoral and Postdoctoral winners announced
Predoctoral Award Winners:
- 1st Award: Jason Kehrl, University of Michigan
- 2nd Award: Lisa Cortex, Univ Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- 3rd Award:: Blaine McGuire, Univ Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, and Hideakl Yano, Columbia University
- 1st: Award: Spring Farrell (Dalhousie University, Halifax, CA). Somatostatin receptor subtype 4 modulation of L-type Ca2+ channels in rat retinal ganglion cells.
- Runners-up: Kirsten M. Raehal (Scripps Research Institute, Jupiter, FL). Role of beta-arrestin2 in the development of opiate-induced antinociceptive tolerance and physical dependence.
Sudhirkumar Yanpallewar (National Cancer Institute, Frederick, MD). Alpha2-adrenoceptor blockade accelerates the neurogenic, neurotrophic and behavioral effects of chronic antidepressant treatment.
The first-place postdoctoral winner will also be asked to join the
Executive Committee for the upcoming year.