Pharmacology 2016 Travel Award
ASPET will be a guest society at the annual meeting of the British Pharmacological Society (BPS), Pharmacology 2016, taking place on December 13-15, 2016 in London, UK. This will be an international event with two other guest societies, the American Society for Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics and the Chinese Pharmacological Society. Information about Pharmacology 2016 can be found on the BPS website.
ASPET hopes that our members will play an active role in Pharmacology 2016 and will be providing travel awards to help offset the cost of attending the meeting.
Travel award applications are now closed.
Undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral scientists are invited to apply for a travel award to help defray the cost of attending Pharmacology 2016.
- Award winners are required to attend Pharmacology 2016.
- The travel awards consist of up to US$3000, which may be applied towards meeting registration, airfare, hotel, and other eligible expenses in accordance with ASPET travel policies. Reimbursement will be provided upon submission of valid receipts after the meeting.
- Award funds are to be used exclusively for eligible expenses associated with the Pharmacology 2016 meeting. If you did not incur expenses up to the award limit, you may not carry over or defer funds for future years or other purposes.
- Applicants may only apply for one ASPET travel award to attend Pharmacology 2016; they may not receive a travel award from the BPS or another participating society.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee receipt of a travel award.
- All applicants must be members of ASPET in good standing. The current year’s dues must be paid before we will accept an application. Please plan ahead and apply for membership at least two weeks prior to the award deadline.
- All applicants must have submitted and be the presenting author of an abstract for Pharmacology 2016. Applicants are required to provide their submitted abstract number, title, and the body of the abstract. Abstract submission for Pharmacology 2016 is open now.
- Undergraduates must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program and not have completed their degree requirements by December 31, 2016.
- Graduate students must be enrolled full-time in a graduate or professional degree program and not have completed their degree requirements by December 31, 2016.
- Postdoctoral scientists must have received a PhD or equivalent degree in pharmacology or a related field within five years prior to the date of application.
All application materials must be received no later than 5:00PM EDT, September 1, 2016.
How to Apply
- You must have already submitted your abstract via the Pharmacology 2016 site. You will need your abstract details to submit this application.
- You will need to upload a current curriculum vitae (CV), broken down into the following sections: 1) Education, 2) Positions Held, 3) Awards and Honors, 4) Professional Society Memberships, 5) Publications, 6) Abstracts
- You will be asked to provide a brief statement (no more than 250 words) of your financial needs for the award.
- You will also need the full name and email address of an individual who can provide a letter of recommendation to support your application. You should choose a mentor, professor, or other professional who is familiar with you and your research. This person does not need to be a member of ASPET. Once you submit your application, an email request will automatically be sent to this individual with instructions for completing the letter. Please allow a sufficient amount of time prior to the deadline for your reference to submit a letter.
- Once you have the required information, apply via the ASPET Awards Portal by using the login box on the right.
Awardees will be notified by October 15, 2016.
If you have questions about a travel award, please email us at email@example.com.