“Guppy Tank” Translational Science Pitch Showcase
Monday April 06, 2020
Room 16 B
Co-sponsored by the Division for Behavioral Pharmacology (BEH)
Co-sponsored by the Division for Cancer Pharmacology (DCP)
Co-sponsored by the Division for Cardiovascular Pharmacology (CVP)
Co-sponsored by the Division for Drug Discovery and Development (DDD)
Co-sponsored by the Division for Molecular Pharmacology (MP)
Co-sponsored by the Division for Neuropharmacology (NEU)
Co-sponsored by Division for Toxicology (TOX)
Co-sponsored by the Division for Translational and Clinical Pharmacology (TCP)
University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
University of Pittsburgh
The “Guppy Tank Translational Science Pitch Competition” will feature four outstanding trainee-level finalists selected to pitch the commercial value of their research and compete for prizes before a live audience of Experimental Biology attendees.
Attendees to this new, one-of-a-kind event can expect to:
- Learn how to deliver their own effective translational pitch through an introductory lecture by Dr. Sanjay Mistry (Head of JLABS @ San Diego).
- Watch finalists deliver their pitches and navigate grilling questions and scoring from a panel of judges with decades of collective industry expertise.
- Vote in a live poll to select the “People’s Choice” Awardee.
Practical Tips to Passionately and Powerfully Communicate Your Scientific Innovations
Right Medication, Right Patient: Pharmacogenomics Decodes the Smoking Cessation Paradigm
Yadira Perez Paramo
- Washington State University
A Non-Scheduled Drug Combination for Memory Enhancement
- UC San Diego
Salinomycin Analogs for the Treatment of Metastatic Breast Cancer
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Gender-specific Differences in Alzheimer’s Disease Pathology: Implications for Treatment
- University of Ottawa