Applications for the 2015–2016 award cycle are currently closed.
Experimental Biology 2015
Boston, MA | March 28 – April 1, 2015
Application Criteria and Process
- Applicant must be a full-time student enrolled in a graduate or professional degree program and be involved in pharmacology research and not have completed the degree requirements by May 1, 2015.
- Applicant must be a member of ASPET in good standing to access the award
application. The current year's dues must be paid before we accept
an application. Please plan ahead and apply for membership at least two
weeks prior to the award deadline. We will expedite the membership
- Applicant must have submitted and be the presenting author of an abstract at the Experimental Biology 2015 meeting in Boston, MA in an ASPET topic category.
- Applicant must be sponsored by a regular, postdoctoral, or affiliate member of ASPET.
- Applications should be made to the division to which research applies.
- Applicant may only apply for ONE best abstract award (either the Graduate Student Best Abstract Award or the DDD Young Investigator Best Abstract Award).
- The criteria used to judge the awards vary among divisions. The division to which your abstract is submitted will contact you regarding any special judging criteria and times for presentation. Not all divisions may present awards every year.
- Applicant will be notified when the awards will be presented.
- Travel awards for graduate students to attend EB 2015 are available on a competitive basis. Apply for these awards using the Graduate Student Travel Award or the Underrepresented Graduate Student Travel Award application.
How to Apply
- You must have already submitted your abstract via Experimental Biology. You'll need your abstract and abstract number to submit this application.
- Your application must be made using the online application form (see link above). You must be a member of ASPET and log into your account to access the application. If you have difficulty logging in, please contact the membership department (email@example.com) or 301-634-7060.
- You must select a division award from the drop-down list on the online application form.
- Complete the application as requested.
- You will be required to combine all required documents and upload them as a
single Microsoft Word or PDF file up to 2 MB in file size. Upload the following documents:
a) A current curriculum vitae (CV). Please break your CV down into the following sections:
- Positions Held
- Awards and Honors
- Professional Society Memberships
b) A letter of recommendation from your sponsor/mentor.
If you have questions about an award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: June 4, 2015