Experimental Biology '14
San Diego, California
April 26 - 30, 2014
Deadline for receipt at ASPET: November 13, 2013
- Applicant must be
presenting an abstract at the Experimental Biology '14 meeting in San Diego, CA in an ASPET topic category.
- Student must be
sponsored by a Regular, Postdoctoral or Affiliate member of ASPET.
Applicants who are Regular or Affiliate members of ASPET may sponsor
- Applicant must be a member of ASPET in good standing to access the application form. Please plan ahead and apply for membership at least two weeks prior to the award deadline. We will expedite the review process.
- Applicants may, but do not
need to, have a Ph.D. or M.D. Applicants from industry are
encouraged to apply.
- For the purposes of this competition, a young
investigator is defined as an undergraduate, graduate or medical
student, or an individual who was awarded a doctoral degree less
than 4 years earlier.
- You may apply for
only ONE Best Abstract Award (this includes the DDD Young
Investigator Award, the Graduate Student Best
Abstract Award, OR the
Young Scientist Award).
Applicants will be contacted regarding any special judging criteria
and times for presentation. You will be notified when the
awards will be presented.
- Application must be
made by November 13, 2013 (5:00 p.m. EST)
by electronic web submission. You must be a member of ASPET and login
to access the applications. If you have difficulty logging in, please
contact the membership department. (email@example.com) or 301-634-7060.
- Select Drug Discovery and Development - New Investigator from the drop-down list on either the Postdoctoral Scientist or Graduate Student online application form.
- Type or cut & paste your abstract into the space provided on the form, and upload a current curriculum vitae. Please break your CV down into the following sections:
• Positions Held
• Awards and Honors
• Professional Society Memberships
- You must
provide your sponsor's email address on the application form.
The ASPET office will email your sponsor for his/her endorsement of
Travel awards for
graduate students and young scientists to attend EB '14 are available
on a competitive basis. Apply for these awards using the
appropriate ASPET Travel Award Application.
If you have questions about an award, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.