The ASPET Division for Cardiovascular Pharmacology Early Career Award has been established to recognize and honor individuals who are working in any area of Cardiovascular Science. The award is open to early career stage, independent investigators from all types of organizations including academia, industry, private or government institutes who are primary members of the ASPET Division for Cardiovascular Pharmacology.
The award will be presented biennially during the ASPET Annual Meeting starting in 2020. The award consists of:
- A $250 honorarium
- A commemorative plaque
- Complimentary registration and travel expenses (up to $1,500) to attend the ASPET Annual Meeting the year for which the award is bestowed.
- Membership on the division’s Executive Committee for a two year term.
- An invitation to give a talk at a division sponsored session at the ASPET Annual Meeting.
- Candidate must be no more than 15 years from receiving a doctorate degree and must be ineligible for ASPET post-doctoral awards.
- Candidates are welcome from ASPET members in academia, industry, government, or other employment.
- Candidate must be a member of ASPET in good standing and must designate the Division for Cardiovascular Pharmacology as their primary ASPET Division (i.e. current year's dues must be paid prior to applying).
- Candidates can be self-nominated or nominated by other ASPET members.
- No candidate will be eligible for more than one ASPET or Division award in any given year.
- The candidate must be an independent investigator. An independent position is considered to be one that is responsible for securing and administering their own budgets for research (traditionally a faculty position, or a team leader in a non-university).
- The current division chair and secretary/treasurer and the ASPET Council president and secretary/treasurer are ineligible for division awards during their active tenure.
Selection will be made by the executive committee of the Division for Cardiovascular Pharmacology.
Nominations shall be submitted using the ASPET Awards Portal by logging into the box below and shall consist of:
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae and bibliography.
- A brief biographical summary by the candidate and a statement of the importance of their work to be used in the award announcement (in no more than 150 words).
- Two letters of support describing accomplishments and potential for success of the candidate (to be uploaded as PDFs)
- A letter from the Departmental Chair or Supervising Official indicating the financial independence of the candidate with respect to research activities (to be uploaded as PDF).
If any of the following relationships exist between the nominator and the candidate, you are encouraged to disclose it in your letter of nomination: family member, spouse, partner; current dean, departmental chair, or postdoctoral or graduate advisor; current business or financial relationship (e.g., business partner, employer, employee); research collaborator or co-author within the last three years; work at the same institution or having accepted a position at the same institution; previous graduate student or postdoctoral fellow in the last five years; or if either are currently serving on the award selection committee for this award.