Award Description | Eligibility | Criteria and Selection | Nomination Submission | Nomination Deadline | Prior Recipients
The Robert R. Ruffolo Career Achievement Award in Pharmacology was established in 2011 in recognition of the contributions made to drug discovery and development by Dr. Ruffolo. The Award recognizes the scientific achievements of scientists who are at the height of their careers (typically mid- to late-career) and who have made significant contributions to any area of pharmacology.
The award is presented annually, at the award ceremony during the ASPET Annual Meeting. The award consists of:
- A $2,500 honorarium
- A commemorative medal
- Complimentary registration and travel expenses for the winner and spouse to attend the ASPET Annual Meeting at Experimental Biology
- The candidate need not be a member of the Society.
- The nomination must be made by an ASPET member.
- No candidate may be nominated for more than one major ASPET award in any given year.
Criteria and Selection
- The award shall be made on the basis of the originality and impact of the nominee's accomplishments in pharmacology.
- Selection of the recipient will be made by the ASPET Awards Committee, appointed by the President of ASPET.
Nominations shall be submitted using the ASPET Awards Portal by logging into the box below. The nominations shall consist of:
- The candidate's curriculum vitae and bibliography in PDF.
- A brief biographical summary of the candidate and the importance of their work for use in award winner announcements (in no more than 150 words.)
- Six published articles or manuscripts accepted for publication that are a representation of the candidate's work, including early seminal discoveries. Each document should be provided as a separate PDF.
- A letter of nomination with a summary that describes the importance of the candidate's work and his/her seminal discovery (in up to 1000 words in PDF.)