About ASPET Fellows (FASPET) Program
Selection as a Fellow of the American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (FASPET) is an honor bestowed to our most distinguished members. Fellows are recognized for their meritorious efforts to advance pharmacology, through their scientific achievements, mentorship, and service to the Society.
See the current Class of 2020 Fellows.
The designation of Fellow shall remain valid for the duration of ASPET membership. Candidates should consider the advancement to Fellow status as a request to become more actively engaged in the Society.
The ASPET Fellows program encourages nominations that reflect the breadth and diversity of the Society’s membership.
The ASPET Fellows program is open and accepting nominations now.
- The candidate must have been a Regular and/or Emeritus member of ASPET for at least 10 years leading up to the year of nomination and must be a member in good standing.
Candidates should have some combination of the below criteria. The degree of contributions from each may vary from candidate to candidate.
- A scientist who has had a significant and sustained impact on the field of pharmacology in research or other areas that impact the field.
- Demonstrated commitment to ASPET (for example, through contributions to committees, editorial boards, scientific meetings, or other volunteer activities.)
- Demonstrated commitment to mentorship, teaching, and diversity.
How to Nominate
A nomination form must be completed by the sponsor or self-nominator using the online ASPET Submission Portal. A sponsor must be a Regular or Emeritus member of ASPET in good standing.
Each nomination must be accompanied by:
- The candidate’s full curriculum vitae (CV)
- Two letters of support on letterhead to be uploaded in PDF format. In the case of a sponsored nomination, one of the letters must come from the sponsor. In the case of a self-nomination, at least one support letter must come from an ASPET member. The support letters must clearly communicate the eligibility requirements and provide a justification for their election as a fellow. Only one of the two support letters can be affiliated with the nominee’s institution.
- A list of up to 10 individuals whom the candidate has mentored (names, current positions, a description of the type of mentoring, and career outcomes) to be uploaded in PDF format. The review committee emphasizes that mentorship may take many forms, including direct reports, peers, other staff, students, postdocs, and others.
- Nominations may optionally include additional support information on the candidate's demonstrated commitment to teaching, diversity or to ASPET (no more than 300 words for each area) if additional space is needed apart from the letters of support.
It is the responsibility of the sponsor or the self-nominee to ensure that all application materials are submitted to ASPET by the deadline. Nominations received after the deadline or nominations packets that are missing material at the time of deadline will not be considered.
Honorees selected to be Fellows of ASPET will be requested to provide shortly after notification of their selection, a short biography (500 words) that communicates the honoree’s
contributions to pharmacology, ASPET, and mentorship/teaching plus a high resolution headshot. These will be used for ASPET promotion of the new class of Fellows.
Nominations are due by Friday, May 14, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET.