The ASPET Division for Cardiovascular Pharmacology Mid-Career Award recognizes and honors those who are working in any area of Cardiovascular Science. The award is open to mid-career stage, independent investigators from all types of organizations including academia, industry, private or government institutes who are primary members of the ASPET Division for Cardiovascular Pharmacology.
The award will be presented biennially during the ASPET Annual Meeting starting in 2022. The award consists of:
- A $250 honorarium
- A commemorative plaque
- Complimentary registration and travel expenses (up to $1000) to attend the ASPET Annual Meeting the year after the award is bestowed
- Membership in the Division’s Program Committee for two years
- Membership in the Division’s Executive Committee for two years
- An invitation to give a talk at a division sponsored session at a future ASPET Annual Meeting
- Candidate must be at the Associate Professor level, or equivalent stage, having no more than five years at that rank/stage and no more than 20 years after receiving a doctorate or medical/M.D. degree.
- The candidate must be an independent investigator. An independent position is considered to be one that is responsible for securing and administering their own budgets for research (traditionally a faculty position, or a team leader in a non-university).
- Candidates are welcome from ASPET members in academia, industry, government, or other employment.
- Candidate must be a member of ASPET in good standing and must designate the Division for Cardiovascular Pharmacology as their primary ASPET Division (i.e. current year's dues must be paid prior to applying).
- Candidates can be self-nominated or nominated by other ASPET members.
- No candidate will be eligible for more than one ASPET award in any given year.
- The current division chair and secretary/treasurer and the ASPET Council president and secretary/treasurer are ineligible for division awards during their active tenure.
Selection will be made by the Awards Committee of the Division for Cardiovascular Pharmacology.
Nominations shall be submitted using the ASPET Awards Portal by logging into the box below and shall consist of:
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae and bibliography.
- A brief biographical summary by the candidate and a statement of the importance of their work to be used in the award announcement (in no more than 150 words).
- Two letters of support describing accomplishments and potential for continued success of the candidate, as well as a description of their mentoring of students, postdocs, junior faculty, young scientists, etc.
- A letter from the Departmental Chair/Head or Supervising Official indicating the financial independence of the candidate with respect to research activities.
If any of the following relationships exist between the nominator and the candidate, you are encouraged to disclose it in your letter of nomination: family member, spouse, partner; current dean, departmental chair, or postdoctoral or graduate advisor; current business or financial relationship (e.g., business partner, employer, employee); research collaborator or co-author within the last three years; work at the same institution or having accepted a position at the same institution; previous graduate student or postdoctoral fellow in the last five years; or if either are currently serving on the award selection committee for this award.