Award Description | Presentation | Nomination Criteria and Process | Nomination Submission | Nomination Deadline | Prior Recipients
The Pharmacia-ASPET Award in Experimental Therapeutics recognizes and stimulates outstanding research in pharmacology and experimental therapeutics, basic laboratory or clinical research that has had, or potentially will have, a major impact on the pharmacological treatment of disease. This award was originally established in 1969 as the ASPET Award for Experimental Therapeutics, but was renamed in 2002, when supported in perpetuity by an endowment from Pharmacia (now Pfizer).
The award is presented annually, at the award ceremony during the ASPET Annual Meeting. The award consists of:
- A $2,500 honorarium
- A commemorative plaque
- Complimentary registration and travel expenses for the winner and spouse to attend the ASPET Annual Meeting at Experimental Biology
Nomination Criteria and Process
- The candidate must be a member of ASPET.
- The nomination must be made by a member of ASPET.
- No candidate may be nominated for more than one major ASPET award in any given year.
- The Award shall be made on the basis of published articles, manuscripts ready for publication, and a 1000-word summary.
- Selection will be made by the ASPET Awards Committee, appointed by the President of ASPET.
Nominations shall be submitted using the ASPET Awards Portal by logging into the box below. The nominations shall consist of:
- Candidate's curriculum vitae and bibliography in PDF.
- Brief biographical summary of the candidate and his/her work (in up to 200 words.)
- Six published articles and/or manuscripts that have been accepted for publication that have direct bearing on this award. Each document should be provided as a separate PDF.
- Letter of nomination in PDF with an up to 1000-word summary that describes the importance of the candidate's work.