ASPET is pleased to participate as a platinum sponsor for the 19th World Congress of Basic and Clinical Pharmacology (WCP2023) taking place in Glasgow, Scotland on July 2 – 7, 2023. Additional information about this meeting is available on the
ASPET hopes that our members will play an active role in WCP2023 and will be providing travel awards for young scientists to help offset the cost of attending the meeting.
Graduate students and postdoctoral scientists are invited to apply for a travel award to help defray the cost of attending WCP2023. These awards are funded in part by the Thomas F. Burks Memorial Fund and the ASPET General Fund.
- Award winners are required to attend WCP2023 in person.
- The travel award consists of paid meeting registration and travel reimbursement up to US$3,000, which may be applied towards airfare, hotel, and other eligible expenses in accordance with ASPET travel policies. Reimbursement will be provided
upon submission of valid receipts after the meeting.
- Award funds are to be used exclusively for eligible expenses associated with the WCP2023 meeting. If you did not incur expenses up to the award limit, you may not carry over or defer funds for future years or other purposes.
- Applicants may only receive one travel award to attend WCP2023; they may not receive a travel award or bursary from IUPHAR or another participating society.
- If awarded, applicants may only receive one travel award to attend WCP2023; they may not receive a travel award or bursary from IUPHAR or another participating society.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee receipt of a travel award.
- Awards are contingent upon acceptance of the awardee’s abstract to WCP2023.
- Award winners are required to visit the ASPET booth to receive their certificates and get instructions for a group travel winner photo.
- All applicants must be members of ASPET in good standing at the time of submission and for the year in which the meeting occurs. The current year’s dues must be paid before we will accept an application. Please plan ahead and apply for
membership at least two weeks prior to the award deadline.
- All applicants must have submitted and be the presenting author of an abstract for WCP2023. Applicants are required to provide their submitted abstract title and the body of the abstract. Abstract submission for WCP2023 is open now.
- Graduate students must be enrolled full-time in a graduate or professional degree program and not have completed their degree requirements by August 31, 2023.
- Postdoctoral scientists must have received a PhD or equivalent degree in pharmacology or a related field within five years prior to the date of application.
All application materials are due no later than 5:00 PM EST, November 7, 2022.
How to Apply
- You must have already submitted your abstract via the WCP2023 site. You will need your WCP abstract details to submit
your ASPET travel award application.
- You will need to upload a current curriculum vitae (CV), broken down into the following sections: 1) Education, 2) Positions Held, 3) Awards and Honors, 4) Professional Society Memberships, 5) Publications, 6) Abstracts accepted for
presentation (include authors, abstract title, and name, date and location of conference; you do not need the full text of the abstract.)
- You will be asked to provide a brief statement (no more than 250 words) of your financial need for the award.
- You will also need the full name and email address of an individual who can provide a letter of recommendation to support your application. You should choose a mentor, professor, or other professional who is familiar with you and your research.
This person does not need to be a member of ASPET. Within the application, you will initiate an email request to this individual with instructions for completing the letter. Please
allow a sufficient amount of time prior to the deadline for your
reference to submit a letter. You may request the letter prior to
finalizing the rest of your application.
- Once you have the required information, apply via the ASPET Awards Portal by using the login box below.
Awardees will be notified by February 2023.
If you have questions about a travel award, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.