The ASPET Division for Behavioral Pharmacology Early Career Awards have been established to recognize outstanding original research by early career investigators in the area of behavioral pharmacology.
This award will be presented annually (as funds permit) during the ASPET Annual Meeting at Experimental Biology. The award consists of:
- A $500 honorarium
- A commemorative certificate
- Complimentary registration and travel expenses (up to $750) to attend the ASPET Annual Meeting at EB the year after the award is bestowed.
- An opportunity to participate in the division’s programming at the ASPET Annual Meeting at EB the year after the award is bestowed.
- The candidate must be no more than 15 years from receiving a doctorate degree and must be ineligible for ASPET post-doctoral travel awards.
- Candidates are welcome from members in academia, industry, government, or other employment.
- The candidate must be a member of ASPET in good standing (i.e. current year's dues must be paid prior to applying.)
- The Division for Behavioral Pharmacology must be the candidate’s primary division within ASPET.
- Candidate’s research interests must be related to behavioral pharmacology, as indicated by the applicant's curriculum vitae and bibliography.
- Candidates can be self-nominated or nominated by other ASPET members.
- The candidate cannot have received a previous Early Career Award from ASPET and may not receive more than one ASPET award in any given year.
Selection will be made at the discretion of the PB Dews Award Committee or other designated committee so established by the Division for Behavioral Pharmacology Executive Committee.
Nominations shall be submitted using the ASPET Awards Portal by logging into the box below. Nominations shall consist of:
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae and bibliography.
- A brief narrative of the candidate’s independent research focus (no more than 1 page, uploaded as PDF).
- Evidence of past participation in ASPET Division for Behavioral Pharmacology (BEH) or other ASPET events (e.g., presentations at EB meetings, service to ASPET, attendance at BEH functions; not to exceed 500 words).
- A brief biographical summary of the candidate and the importance of their work for use in award winner announcements (in no more than 150 words.)