The ASPET website is maintained for the benefit of the Society's members, the scientific and educational communities, and the public at large. The current version of website was launched in August 2017. See the Site Map for a complete listing of main content items.
ASPET is committed to providing users with a safe, secure environment in which to view, transmit and receive information. ASPET will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the information you provide remains private, and is used only for the purposes stated below.
Users may use the ASPET website without logging in but logging in as a member must occur in order to use any of the Member Only areas of the website.
ASPET's website may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to users and not as an endorsement by ASPET of the contents on such third-party websites. Links to third-party websites are performed at your own risk. ASPET does not endorse, nor is it affiliated with any third party entity, which may have provided a link to this website or, which you may link to from this website. ASPET does not control, monitor, or guarantee the information contained in any other entity websites.
Certain portions of this website may offer the use of encryption technologies for certain types of communications for your protection. While this website may provide those technologies and use other reasonable precautions to protect confidential information and provide reasonable security, ASPET does not guarantee or warrant that information transmitted through the Internet is secure, or that such transmissions will be free from delay, interruption, interception, or error.
All the information provided in the ASPET website is provided for information purposes and is subject to change without prior notice. Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information for public use, ASPET and its employees and agents do not make any guarantees of any kind about the content, accuracy, or timeliness of information on the ASPET website. The use of information on ASPET’s server and website is strictly voluntary and at the user’s sole risk. ASPET disclaims all express warranties included in any materials, and further disclaims all implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement of proprietary rights. ASPET shall not be liable for any damages of any kind.
Your account containing your information is password protected and should never be shared with anyone. This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
ASPET encourages visitors to submit feedback. Any feedback that is submitted becomes the property of ASPET and we may use this feedback for marketing purposes, or to contact visitors for more information. To provide feedback, send an email to email@example.com.
Last Updated: May 16, 2018
The American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET) is a nonprofit scientific society with the purpose of promoting pharmacological knowledge and its application and conducting research pertaining thereto. ASPET publishes journals, newsletters, and other materials; holds an annual scientific meeting and other meetings; supports divisions and chapters to encourage communication among members and others; and conducts other business that is pertinent to the Society’s purpose and goals.
ASPET respects and is committed to protecting the privacy of its members, subscribers, and readers. This Privacy Statement describes the policy and practice for use of information collected online from the ASPET website, the websites for ASPET’s wholly owned journals, and their affiliated websites, and all order forms and member services accessible from those sites. These sites may link to other websites over which ASPET has no control and, therefore, is not responsible. Your use of ASPET websites constitutes your acceptance of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with all the terms in this Privacy Statement, you should not use ASPET websites or services.
Please note that there is a separate policy for data collected through the Members Only portion of the ASPET site https://aspet.org. This policy can be found at https://www.aspet.org/aspet/about-us/about-the-aspet-website.
This Privacy Statement describes:
- The types of information ASPET collects from members, subscribers, and readers and how this information is used
- With whom ASPET shares the information it collects
- Steps that ASPET takes to protect the privacy of the information it collects
- Choices the user may make about the information he or she provides
1. Types and Use of Information Collected
A. Personal Information
ASPET collects only information supplied by the user. On certain web pages, ASPET asks the user to enter personal information such as name, address, email address, telephone number, fax number, credit card number, and other information from which the user's identity is discernible. Examples include:
B. Non-Personal Information
ASPET also collects information from other sources, such as:
- IP addresses. These are used to monitor user activity.
- Web-beacons. These are objects embedded into a webpage or email which allow ASPET to confirm that the user has viewed the webpage or the email.
This information is used to operate the ASPET website and deliver the services you request. ASPET may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from ASPET. ASPET may also contact you through surveys to get your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
ASPET will use credit card information only to process a payment. ASPET does not store credit card information.
2. Sharing of Information
ASPET does not sell or otherwise disclose the information it collects to third parties, except as follows:
- Certain information is shared with service providers retained by ASPET. For example, in order to allow subscribers to have access to ASPET’s journals, IP addresses are shared with the vendor whose servers host the journal.
- If required to do so by law, or if requested/subpoenaed by law enforcement agencies.
- ASPET may sell its postal addresses list to parties who provide products or services of interest to pharmacologists. Members who do not wish to have their postal addresses shared in this manner can contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Email addresses are never sold to third parties.
3. Steps ASPET Takes to Protect the Privacy of Information It Collects
ASPET implements reasonable technical and administrative practices to safeguard the information it collects, including running up-to-date antivirus and antispyware programs on its computers and servers. ASPET employees are trained on appropriate use of information and the need for confidentiality. In addition, credit card payments submitted online are processed through secure portals. Credit card numbers submitted online are not stored by ASPET.
4. Your Choices
- If you would like to update your member contact information and preferences, you can do so on your Membership profile.
- If you do not wish to have your postal address shared with third parties, email email@example.com
- If you would like to modify your preferences for email alerts for any of ASPET’s wholly owned journals, you can do so at:
- To unsubscribe from email alerts from ASPET, click “manage your subscriptions” at the bottom of the email or visit http://www.magnetmail.net/actions/subscription_manage_aspet.cfm. To unsubscribe from email alerts from ASPET journals, click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email.
- Your use of ASPET websites constitutes your acceptance of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with all the terms in this Privacy Statement, you should not use ASPET websites or services.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
ASPET reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement at any time. Your continued use of the sites after any change indicates your agreement with this Privacy Statement.
ASPET welcomes your comments regarding this Privacy Statement. If you believe that ASPET has not adhered to this Statement, please contact ASPET at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will use reasonable efforts to promptly assess and remedy the problem.
ASPET may sometimes use a device called a cookie to store sign in or other information on your computer. A cookie is a small piece of information stored by your browser or your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are used to make the link between you and the information you have provided to our website. You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. If you disable cookies from your browser, you may not be able to access certain features of our site.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site or use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/performance cookies. Allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
The table below lists the individual cookies we use and why:
|Browser Session Cookie||ASP.NET_SessionId ||Session||Contains information about the browser session and enables visitors to log into the website. |
|Time Zone Offset||.sf_timezoneoffset||Session||Stores the value of the UTC time zone offset for the particular user, that is, the timezone difference between UTC and the user's local time, in minutes. This cookie is stored only for logged in users. |
Cookies for Social Media
Third Party Cookies
Find out more about cookies and how to manage your settings
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.