2019 GLC ASPET 32nd Annual Meeting
June 21st, 2019
The Great Lakes Chapter (GLC) of ASPET held its 32nd Annual Scientific Meeting on Friday, June 21st, 2019 at Midwestern University.
The goal of the 2019 meeting was to highlight major advances in understanding of the Microbiome, as well as provide an opportunity for students, postdoctoral fellows, and scientists working in related areas to learn about the field. The annual meeting of the GLC of ASPET also provides a forum of learning and exchanging of ideas in all fields of the pharmacological sciences and is a major networking event for biomedical scientists in the area. The meeting schedule includes:
- Poster Session (8:30 am – 10:30 am)
- Vendor Exhibit (8:30 am – 12:00 pm)
- Symposium I (10:45 am – 11:45 am)
- Lunch and Learn Career Workshop (noon – 1:30 pm)
- Symposium II (1:30 pm – 4:45 pm)
- Poster Awards and Business Meeting (4:45 pm – 5:30 pm)
Keynote: Susan Erdman, DVM MPH (MIT)
Harnessing Our Microbiome for Healthful Longevity
Other speakers include:
- Ali Keshavarzian, MD (Rush University)
- David Klumpp, PhD (Northwestern University)
- Brad McRae, PhD (AbbVie)
- Nancy Freitag, PhD (University of Illinois—Chicago)
- John Baker, PhD (Medical College of Wisconsin)
We encourage all attendees to register online prior to the meeting. For registration on site, only cash and check will be accepted.
The deadline for abstracts has been extended to Monday, June 17th, 2019 by 5:00 PM CDT. Send completed abstract form to email@example.com.
Download Abstract Submission Form
Maps and Parking Directions
Arrival and Parking: When you arrive on campus, check in at the security booth. Tell them you are registered for the GLC ASPET meeting. They will direct you to complimentary parking in the parking garage.
Conference location: The conference will be held in Cardinal Hall. The registration table, poster session, and vendor exhibit will be held in the lobby of Cardinal Hall. The symposium will be held in Lecture Hall E of Cardinal Hall.
Lunch: Lunch will be at the Commons, in the cafeteria.
Directions to Midwestern University (PDF)