The ASPET Division for Molecular Pharmacology Early Career Award has been established to recognize scholarly achievements of junior investigators early in their independent careers.
The award will be presented annually during the ASPET Annual Meeting at Experimental Biology. The award consists of:
- A $250 honorarium
- A commemorative plaque
- Complimentary registration and travel expenses (up to $500) to attend the ASPET Annual Meeting at EB the year for which the award is bestowed.
- Invitation to join the division’s Executive Committee for a two-year term.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Candidate must be no more than 15 years from receiving a doctorate degree and must be ineligible for ASPET post-doctoral awards.
- Candidates are welcome from ASPET members in academia, industry, government, or other employment.
- Candidate must be a member of ASPET in good standing (i.e. current year's dues must be paid prior to applying)
- Candidates must be nominated by other ASPET members.
- Candidates will be judged based on their submission materials including publications, letters of support, and likelihood of advancing the field of Molecular Pharmacology in the future.
Selection will be made by a five-member committee comprised of past chairs of the Division for Molecular Pharmacology, plus the current chair as an ex officio non-voting member.
Nominations shall be submitted using the ASPET Award Portal by logging into the box below and shall consist of:
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae and bibliography.
- Three letters of support by ASPET members with whom the nominee has not trained (uploaded as in separate PDFs)
- A brief biographical summary of the candidate and the importance of their work for use in award winner announcements (in no more than 150 words.)
Access the Awards Portal to Submit Applications or Nominations and to Review Submissions
Nominations for the 2020 Early Career Award are due by Monday, September 16, 2019.
Last Updated: February 19, 2020