The ASPET Division for Translational and Clinical Pharmacology offers Early Career awards to recognize excellence in translational and clinical pharmacology research that comes from early career scientists. The purpose is to provide travel support to
defray costs to participate at the ASPET Annual Meeting. Awardees will be invited to share with the division their research and ideas pertinent to the division’s mission. In addition to this career development opportunity, awardees will give
short talks during an Early Career Showcase, which will help in networking with other division members.
The award consists of:
- An invitation to give a short talk at the Division for Translational and Clinical Pharmacology Early
Career Showcase during the ASPET Annual Meeting at EB.
- Reimbursement of up to $700 in travel expenses to the ASPET Annual Meeting at EB.
- The candidate can be self-nominated or nominated by other ASPET
- The candidate must be an ASPET member in good standing.
- An eligible candidate has received their PhD or equivalent degree in pharmacology or a related field within the past fifteen years, and is past the postdoc/trainee
- Candidates are welcome from academia, industry, government, or other organizational affiliations.
- Preference is given to applicants who have evidence of independent research that can include laboratory space
(industry or academic or government), and pending or current evidence of grant funding (e.g. K awards, AHA, PhRMA, SBIR, collaborations or R-01s)
- No candidate may receive more than one ASPET award in any given year.
Selection will be made by the Division for Translational and Clinical Pharmacology Executive Committee.
Nominations shall be submitted using the ASPET Award Portal by using the login box below and
shall consist of:
- The candidate's curriculum vitae in PDF.
- A paragraph to express your interest for this opportunity and how your research approach fits with the mission of TCP (< 1000 characters)
summary draft (to be finalized into a 3000-character abstract submitted to EB)*
- A brief biographical summary of the candidate and the importance of his/her work for use in award winner announcements (in no more than 150 words.)
* Offer of this award is contingent on submission of your final research summary as an EB abstract to an ASPET topic category in accordance with EB policies and deadlines.
Access the Awards Portal to Submit Applications or Nominations and to Review Submissions
Award nominations for 2019 awards are by Friday, September 14, 2018.
Last Updated: January 9, 2019