The Paul M. Vanhoutte Award in Vascular Pharmacology was established to honor Dr. Vanhoutte’s lifelong scientific contributions to our better understanding and appreciation of the importance of endothelial cells and vascular smooth muscle function in health and disease and for his mentoring of countless prominent endothelial and vascular biologists and pharmacologists.
The Paul M. Vanhoutte Award is presented biennially in even numbered years and consists of:
- An honorarium of $1,000
- A custom-designed crystal bowl depicting the named Lectureship
- Up to $2,000 travel expenses including registration to the ASPET Annual Meeting.
- An invitation to deliver a state-of-the-art lecture on recent advances in vascular biology and pharmacology at the ASPET annual meeting (Division’s programming session). The presentation of his/her research should be of broad interest and contribute to the growth of the Cardiovascular Pharmacology Division.
There are no restrictions on institutional affiliation, nationality, or age of the candidate, but the recipient must be an active member of the ASPET before receiving the award nomination. Nominations must be made by a member of the ASPET, and no member may nominate more than one candidate per year.
Final selection of the recipient will be made by the Award Committee of the Division for Cardiovascular Pharmacology.
Nominations shall be submitted using the ASPET Awards Portal by logging into the box below.
Nominations should consist of:
- A letter of nomination describing the contributions to vascular biology and pharmacology of the candidate that make him/her eligible for this Award with a listing of his/her major contributions (1000 word limit)
- Up to four additional letters of support describing the candidate’s contributions to vascular biology and pharmacology may also be submitted (uploaded as separate PDFs)
- A complete curriculum vitae
- A brief biographical summary of the candidate and the importance of their work for use in award winner announcements (in no more than 150 words.)