The ASPET Division for Toxicology Early Career Award has been established to recognize excellent original research by early career investigators in the area of Toxicology. The award is presented annually and consists of:
- A $500 honorarium
- A commemorative plaque
- Complimentary registration plus partial travel expenses (to a maximum of $500) for the winner to attend the awards ceremony at the ASPET Annual Meeting.
- The award winner is expected to submit a symposia proposal for the 2020 ASPET Annual Meeting.
- The candidate must be a member of ASPET, and can be self-nominated or nominated by another ASPET member.
- Candidates are past the postdoctoral / trainee career stage but still early in their careers (no more than 15 years from receiving their doctorate).
- Candidates are welcome from academia, industry, government, or other organizational affiliations.
- No candidate may receive more than one ASPET award in any given year.
- Current division chairs and secretary/treasurers and the ASPET Council president and secretary/treasurer are ineligible for division awards during their active tenure.
The primary criterion for the award is the excellence and originality of research conducted by the candidate in the field of toxicology.
Selection will be made by the Executive Committee of the Division for Toxicology.
Nominations shall be submitted using the ASPET Award Portal by using the login box below and shall consist of:
- The candidate's curriculum vitae and publication list in PDF.
- A summary (limited to 1000 words) that describes the importance of the candidate's research contributions to the field of toxicology.
- A brief biographical summary of the candidate and the importance of their work for use in award winner announcements (in no more than 150 words.)