The Division for Molecular Pharmacology (MP) serves members applying approaches of biochemistry, biophysics, genetics, and molecular biology to study molecular mechanisms of drug action, regardless of the class of drug. Areas of interest include (but are not limited to): drug receptor-effector coupling and its regulation (e.g. receptor structure/function, G proteins, kinases, phosphatases, and second messenger synthesis and degradation), voltage- and ligand-gated ion channels, antimicrobial and antineoplastic drug action, steroid and growth factor receptors, gene regulation, and identification of molecular targets for drugs.
- To develop programming and sponsor symposia and colloquia at the ASPET Annual Meeting at Experimental Biology
- To sponsor other meetings of interest for our division members
- To promote the career development of junior members
- To foster interactions between academia and industry
- To establish a presence for the division on social media
Last Updated: August 28, 2017