The ASPET Division for Toxicology Career Award has been established to recognize outstanding original research contributions to Toxicology by an established investigator. The award is presented annually and consists of:
- A $500 honorarium
- A commemorative plaque
- Complimentary registration plus partial travel expenses (to a maximum of $500) for the winner to attend the awards ceremony at the ASPET Annual Meeting.
- The award winner is expected to submit a symposia proposal for the following year's ASPET Annual Meeting.
The primary criterion for the award is the level of excellence and originality of the research conducted by the candidate in the field of toxicology during their career.
Candidates must be a member of ASPET, and can be self-nominated or nominated by another ASPET member. The current division chair and secretary/treasurer and the ASPET Council president and secretary/treasurer are ineligible for division awards during their active tenure.
Selection will be made by the Executive Committee of the Division for Toxicology.
Nominations shall be submitted using the ASPET Award Portal by using the login box below and shall consist of:
- The candidate's curriculum vitae and publication list in PDF.
- A summary (limited to 1000 words) that describes the importance of the candidate's research contributions to the field of toxicology.
- A brief biographical summary of the candidate and the importance of their work for use in award winner announcements (in no more than 150 words.)