The B. B. Brodie Award in Drug Metabolism has been established to honor the fundamental contributions of Bernard B. Brodie in the field of drug metabolism and disposition. The Award is presented biennially in even years to recognize outstanding original research contributions in drug metabolism and disposition, particularly those having a major impact on future research in the field. The B. B. Brodie Award is sponsored by the Division for Drug Metabolism and Disposition, and funds to support the award come from members’ contributions.
The award consists of a $2,000 honorarium, a commemorative medal, hotel, and economy airfare to the award ceremony at the annual meeting. A lecture, delivered by the awardee at the annual meeting, describing appropriate research accomplishments and their future direction, will be published in Drug Metabolism and Disposition.
There are no restrictions on institutional affiliation, and a candidate need not be a member of the Society. The only restriction for the Award is that supporting research accomplishments must not be used to win any other major award. Only one nominator is necessary, although more are acceptable, the primary nomination must be submitted by an ASPET member. Selection of an awardee will be made biennially by the B.B. Brodie Award Committee, appointed by the President of ASPET with input from the Division for Drug Metabolism and Disposition.
Nominations shall be submitted using the ASPET Awards Portal (log in to the portal using the Member Login box below) and shall consist of:
- Nominating letter and no more than five supporting letters detailing accomplishments of the nominee (as separate PDF documents).
- Six published articles and/or manuscripts that have been accepted for publication that are representative of outstanding work by the candidate. Each should be provided as a separate PDF.
- Comments on the candidate's outstanding papers provided as one PDF or Word document.
- Brief biographical summary of the candidate and his/her work (up to 200 words max).
- Candidate’s curriculum vitae and bibliography.