Play a role in choosing your next ASPET Leaders
The call for nominations for ASPET Council positions is open now, as of May 2, 2022. Nominate fellow colleagues and/or yourself for President-Elect, Secretary/Treasurer-Elect, and Councilor positions for consideration in the 2023 ASPET Election. The 2023 ASPET Election will occur in January 2023. Newly elected Council officers will take their positions effective July 1, 2023.
These are critically important positions that will shape the future of the field by ensuring that the Society’s leadership continues to represent its diverse and growing membership. When selecting potential candidates, we urge you to consider visionary leaders – people with great ideas, sound judgment, and the willingness to work productively to see things to completion. It is especially important that the elected individuals be aligned with the direction and strategic plan of ASPET.
The deadline to submit nominations is 11:59 PM ET, Friday, May 27, 2022.
ASPET is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of the society, especially in leadership. To better represent the breadth of our membership, nominations are particularly encouraged from diverse racial and ethnic groups, women, and persons with disabilities. ASPET also seeks representation from a variety of sectors, scientific disciplines, and career paths.
Nominees should possess the following desired attributes:
- Demonstrated leadership, commitment, and involvement with ASPET and the pharmacology community
- Positive leadership attributes, emotional intelligence, and the ability to work collaboratively and be engaged in appropriate debate and discussion when needed
- Visionary and strategic thinker
- Commitment to participate in four to six council meetings a year (two in-person meetings, and two – four conference calls)
- Must be an ASPET member in good standing
The Society is governed by an elected council consisting of the President, the President-Elect and the immediate Past President (each serving for a one-year term in that elected office), the Secretary/Treasurer, the Secretary/Treasurer-Elect and the immediate Past Secretary/Treasurer (each serving for a one-year term in that elected office), and three Councilors (each serving a three-year term in that elected office, with one Councilor retiring each year). In addition to the elected members of Council, the Executive Officer, the chair of the Publications Committee, the chair of the Program Committee, the FASEB Board representative, and the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion representative are non-voting ex officio members of Council during their terms in the respective offices.
Benefits to being on the ASPET Council include:
- A significant role in advancing your leadership and professional skills
- An opportunity to enhance the value of ASPET to the pharmacology community
- Access to up-to-date information about the challenges facing the pharmacology community
- The chance to exchange ideas and perspectives with other volunteer leaders
Submit a Nomination
To submit a nomination (including self-nominations) for any of these positions, please follow the instructions below:
- Review the ASPET Council position descriptions
- Complete a 2023 nomination form
- Prepare an NIH-style biosketch of the nominee
- Attach the 2023 nomination form and the NIH-style biosketch in an email to:
Dave Jackson, ASPET Executive Officer, email@example.com
- Nominees must be ASPET members in good standing.
- While your identity as a nominator will be known to the Executive Officer, nominations can be anonymized for the committee upon request (indicate this on the form)
- Only nominations received by 11:59 PM ET on Friday, May 27, 2022 will be considered by the Nominating Committee.
- While the nomination process is open, being nominated does not guarantee that a nominee will appear on the ballot. The committee will convene in Summer 2022 to consider all nominations and to discuss and select the election slate for each position.
For questions about the nomination process, or if you have any trouble with the PDF nomination form, please contact ASPET Executive Officer, Dave Jackson.