Award Description | Eligibility | Criteria and Selection | Nomination Submission | Nomination Deadline | Prior Recipients
The E. Leong Way award, originally established in 1988, was relaunched in 2019 to provide financial support to defray the expenses for an ASPET emeritus member to attend the ASPET Annual Meeting at EB. The award honors Edward Leong Way (1916-2017). A former president of ASPET, Dr. Way is remembered for his contributions to drug metabolism research, opioid pharmacology, and a western understanding of Chinese traditional medicine, as well as the numerous scientists he mentored over 75 years of his professional life.
This travel award may be presented annually and will consist of:
- Complimentary registration to the ASPET Annual Meeting at EB
- Reimbursement of up to $1500 in travel expenses to help defray costs to attend the ASPET Annual Meeting at EB
- The candidate must be an emeritus member of ASPET in good standing.
- The nominator must be a member of ASPET in good standing (self-nominations are permitted).
- No candidate may receive more than one ASPET award in any given year.
Criteria and Selection
- Selection will be made at the discretion of the ASPET Awards Committee.
Nominations shall be submitted using the ASPET Awards Portal by logging into the box below. The nominations shall consist of:
- Candidate's curriculum vitae and bibliography in PDF.
- A letter of nomination (or a statement of need for self-nominations) limited to no more than 500 words
- A brief biographical summary of the candidate and the importance of his/her work for use in award winner announcements (in no more than 150 words.)