Career Conversation Roundtables
Facilitated by a mentor, these small group discussions will take place in a video chat room. They will be limited in size so you can ask your questions but also hear what others are asking. Each conversation will have a designated topic focus. These sessions are all about you – with no formal presentation by the mentors, discussions will be entirely focused on your questions. View the career conversations schedule.
On-demand Microlearning Talks
These short professional-development talks will be available for on-demand viewing 24/7 from April 27 through May 31. View the full program of on-demand talks.
Career Development Workshops and Symposia
Attend these sessions on specialized topics such as critiquing grant proposals, giving/receiving performance evaluations, publishing guidance, funding opportunities and dealing with conflict. All sessions will include real-time Q&As with the
speakers and some will even include interactive breakout discussions for hands-on learning. View the full program of live workshops and symposia.
Online Job Boards
Are you looking for your next position? Career Central will include links to job openings across all five disciplines — anatomy, biochemistry and molecular biology, investigative pathology, pharmacology, and physiology.
Featured ASPET Career Development Workshops and Symposia at EB
- NIH Funding and Other Translational Research Opportunities
- Journals Workshop: An Interactive Guide to Publishing, Reviewing, and Ethics Issues
- Student-Postdoctoral Colloquium: Strategies for Dealing with Conflict and Difficult Conversations
- Diversity and Inclusion Session: Being Heard and Telling Your Story to Claim Your Place – Strategies for Success
- Teaching Institute: Preparing the Next Generation of Scientists to be Best Practice Educators
Featured ASPET Member-Hosted Career Conversation Roundtables at EB
- April 29, 9:00 am EDT – “Promotion and Career Advancement in Team Science” with Dr. Mary-Ann Bjornsti
- April 29, 3:00 pm EDT – “Opportunities at NINDS Extramural” with Dr. Rebecca Roof
- April 30, 1:00 pm EDT – “Research Skills that Qualify for Careers Beyond the Bench - Industry Route” with Dr. Aurellia Whitmore
Register for EB to access all these career sources and the full program.