Background and Mission | Chapter Bylaws |
Officers and Councilors for 2015-2016
| Chapter Annual Meeting | Past Meetings
Background and Mission
The formation of the local Midwest affiliate of the American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET) was spearheaded on June 10, 1987 by Dr. William K. Riker, past president of ASPET, Dr. Seymour Ehrenpreis of the Chicago Medical School, Dr. Toshio Narahashi of Northwestern Medical School, and Dr. Israel Hanin of Loyola University Chicago. Key individuals in the Chicago area were then contacted to establish a voluntary executive working group that ultimately organized the first Scientific Day at the University of Chicago on Thursday, May 12, 1988.
Since the first scientific program, annual meetings have been held each spring to foster the goals of ASPET to promote scientific communication among research workers interested in pharmacology. The chapter has consistently met the ASPET requirements of a chapter affiliate throughout its existence by holding a least one annual meeting, maintaining a membership roster of at least 20 ASPET members in good standing.
Officers and Councilors (2015–2016)
- President - Eric A.G. Blomme, PhD, DVM, Dipl. ACVP, Director, Investigative Toxicology, Pharmacology and Pathology, AbbVie Inc., 100 Abbott Park Road, Dept. R463, Bldg. AP9A/224, Abbott Park, IL 60064 | (t) 847-937-2269 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President - Phillip Kopf, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology, CCOM, Midwestern University, 555 31st St, Downers Grove, IL 60515 | (t) 630-515-6427 | email: email@example.com
- Treasurer - Kuei Tseng, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University, 3333 Green Bay Rd., North Chicago, IL 60064 | (t) 847-578-8655 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Ricardo Monzon, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, St. Xavier University, 3700 West 103rd Street, Chicago, IL 60655 | (t) 773-341-5241 | email: email@example.com
- Councilor - Marieke R. Gilmartin, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Marquette University, 561 North 15th Street, Schroeder Complex 446, Milwaukee, Marquette, WI 53233 | (t) 414-288-6667 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Councilor - Yuru Liu, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 835 S. Wolcott Ave., Rm E403, Chicago, IL 60611 | (t) 312-996-1202 | email: email@example.com
- Councilor - Murali Prakriya, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611 | (t) 312-996-0441 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Councilor - Megumi Yamashita, DDS, PhD, Research Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611 | email: email@example.com
- Councilor - Bruce LeRoy, PhD, PhD, DVM, DIPL, ACVP, Investigative Pathologist, AbbVie Inc., 100 Abbott Park Road, R45M, API3A-3, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064-1802 | (t) 847-938-2321 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Past President - Sanda Predescu, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacology, Rush University, Jelke Bldg., 1653 W. Congress Pkwy., Room 1535, Chicago, IL 60612 | (t) 312-563-2437 | email: email@example.com
Chapter Annual Meeting
The Great Lakes chapter's annual meetings have consistently drawn a wide representation of the mid-western pharmacology community. The chapter's 2016 annual meeting on "Basic and Translational Advances in Neurological Disease: From signaling to therapeutics" is scheduled to be held in Chicago, Illinois on July 7, 2016. For more information, please visit the 2016 GLC Annual Meeting webpage.
Last updated: March 17, 2016