The Ad Hoc Group for Medical Research of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) has submitted a letter to the Senate Committee on Health, Educations, Labor and Pensions (HELP) to provide input and recommendations to enhance the role of NIH as they continue to work on their bipartisan innovation initiative.
The letter makes the following recommendations:
- Stabilize the NIH budget through sustained increases in appropriations
- Affirm existing NIH support for interdisciplinary scientific research
- Grant NIH “carry-over” budget authority
- Ease the burdensome travel restrictions for federal researchers
- Address regulatory burden
Read the full letter here.