Welcome to the ASPET Early Career Pharmacologist Resource Page. This page is designed specifically to provide information and resources to students (both undergraduate and graduate), postdocs, and early career Pharmacologists.
Graduate Programs in Pharmacology
Awards and Fellowships
Meetings of Special Interest
- How do we prepare pharmacology students for careers outside academia? - A perspective by Dr. Remy Brim, Bioethics Fellow at the NIH
- GrantsNet - One-stop, completely free resource to find funds for research and training in the sciences
- ASPET’s Advocacy Outreach Program and GrassrootsCongressional Information - A resource for your postdoctoral student association members to become more fully informed about how Washington impacts federal funding, why scientists need to become science-advocates to sustain federal funding for biomedical research, and what skills are needed to help influence policy makers.
- National Postdoctoral Association - A a member-driven organization that provides a unique, national voice for postdoctoral scholars
- FASEB Career Resource Center - Job postings, grantsmanship seminars, meetings of interest
- ScienceCareers.org - Multifunctional web site on all aspects of career development maintained free-of-charge by Science Magazine (AAAS)
- Directory of Internship and Volunteer Work Programs - Extensive list of internship programs that offer students and graduates an opportunity to gain practical experience and explore potential careers
- myIDP - An online tool that guides graduate students and postdoctoral fellows through the process of creating an Individual Development Plan (IDP). "myIDP" was developed by a team from UCSF, FASEB, and the Medical College of Wisconsin in collaboration with AAAS and with funding from the Burroughs Wellcome Fund. There is no charge to use the site and users can return as often as they like to access the available career resources.
Last updated: December 21, 2016