I have been active in the field of molecular pharmacology since my time as a graduate student. I served as president of the pharmacology student association for one year and helped facilitate networking opportunities for career development of graduate students. More recently I have had the opportunity to be involved in organizing symposia at multiple ASPET meetings. I also served as a Member on the Division of Molecular Pharmacology Executive Committee and helped with division activities related to the annual ASPET meeting and career development opportunities for trainees. As a current member of the ASPET publications committee, I am involved in activities ensuring the success of our journals through new initiatives and highlighting the scientific success of our trainees.
I have had a long-standing interest in G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) signaling. I am interested in understanding the mechanisms that govern spatial and temporal regulation of GPCR signaling by b-arrestins and post-translational modifications (PTMs), such as phosphorylation, ubiquitination and SUMOylation. We are also interested in identifying the mechanisms that mediate heterologous regulation of GPCR signaling via second-messenger dependent kinases, such as PKC and PKA. We have shown a role for b-arrestins and PTMs in GPCR trafficking and signaling and have leveraged this knowledge to reveal the spatial and temporal requirements for GPCR activation of signaling pathways related to cell survival, proliferation or migration. Our goal is to target novel aspects of GPCR signaling for therapeutic development.
Other Society Memberships/Activities
- Division of Molecular Pharmacology
- Member, Executive Committee (2015-2021)
- Reviewer of Abstracts and Symposium Proposals (2015-2021)
- Judge, Poster Award Competition (EB2015-2022)
- Member, Publications Committee (2021-2023)
- Member, Editorial Board, Molecular Pharmacology (2016-present)
- Co-Chair, ASPET Symposium, EB2021 and EB2016
- Ad hoc Reviewer, Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (2022)
- Member of ASBMB, AHA, AAAS
- Member and Chair, Molecular Signaling 1 Peer Review Group, AHA (2011-2018)
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Biological Chemistry, ASBMB (2016-present)