ASPET will be a guest society at the annual meeting of the British Pharmacological Society (BPS), Pharmacology 2019, taking place on December 15-17, 2019 in Edinburgh, UK. More information about ASPET at Pharmacology 2019.
ASPET hopes that our young scientist members will play an active role in Pharmacology 2019 and will be providing travel awards to help offset the cost of attending the meeting.
Travel award applications are now closed.
Undergraduate students, post-baccalaureate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral scientists are invited to apply for a travel award to help defray the cost of attending Pharmacology 2019.
- Award winners are required to attend Pharmacology 2019 and present their abstract.
- Winners are also required to check in at the ASPET stand in the exhibit hall and to attend the scientific and networking sessions. A brief write-up of the meeting for The Pharmacologist may be requested.
- The travel awards consist of up to US$2000, which may be applied towards meeting registration, airfare, hotel, and other eligible expenses in accordance with ASPET travel policies. Reimbursement will be provided upon submission of valid receipts after the meeting.
- Award funds are to be used exclusively for eligible expenses associated with the Pharmacology 2019 meeting. If you do not incur expenses up to the award limit, you may not carry over or defer funds for future years or other purposes.
- Applicants may only apply for one ASPET travel award to attend Pharmacology 2019; they may not receive a travel award from the BPS or another source.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee receipt of a travel award.
- All applicants must be members of ASPET in good standing. The current year’s dues must be paid before we will accept an application. Please plan ahead and apply for membership at least two weeks prior to the award deadline.
- All applicants must have submitted and be the presenting author of an abstract for Pharmacology 2019. Applicants are required to provide their submitted abstract number, title, author names, and the body of the abstract when applying. Abstract submission for Pharmacology 2019 is open now.
- Travel awards are contingent on abstract acceptance by the BPS, which they are expected to announce by October 14.
- Undergraduates must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program and not have completed their degree requirements by December 31, 2019.
- Post-baccalaureate students must meet ASPET's membership requirements through December 31, 2019.
- Graduate students must be enrolled full-time in a graduate or professional degree program and not have completed their degree requirements by December 31, 2019.
- Postdoctoral scientists must have received a PhD or equivalent degree in pharmacology or a related field within five years prior to the date of application.
The deadline has passed. All application materials were due by 5:00 PM EDT, September 3, 2019.
How to Apply
- You must have already submitted your abstract on the Pharmacology 2019 site. You will need your abstract details to submit this application.
- You will need to upload a current curriculum vitae (CV), broken down into the following sections: 1) Education, 2) Positions Held, 3) Awards and Honors, 4) Professional Society Memberships, 5) Publications, 6) Abstracts
- You will be asked to provide a brief statement (no more than 250 words) of your financial need for the award.
- You will also need the full name and email address of an individual who can provide a letter of recommendation to support your application. You should choose a mentor, professor, or other professional who is familiar with you and your research. This person does not need to be a member of ASPET. Within the application, you will initiate an email request to this individual with instructions for completing the letter. Please allow a sufficient amount of time prior to the deadline for your reference to submit a letter; you may request this letter prior to finalizing the rest of your application. All letters are due by 5:00 PM EDT, September 3, 2019.
- Once you have the required information, apply via the ASPET Awards Portal by using the login box below.
All applicants will be notified of their status by mid-October.
If you have questions about the travel award, please email us at email@example.com. For questions about Pharmacology 2019, including abstract submission, please contact the British Pharmacological Society at firstname.lastname@example.org.