We encourage submission of abstracts to ASPET topic categories in all areas of pharmacology detailing your latest work.
By submitting your abstract, you will:
- Receive feedback on your work
- Be recognized for your recent scientific advances
- Be visible to spur those conversations about collaboration
- Have opportunities to win travel and poster awards (for students and postdocs)
ASPET helps bring other scientists to you to discuss your work. Top scoring abstracts are designated as Program Committee Blue Ribbon Picks, are featured at the EB-wide welcome reception, and are selected to give oral presentations at the ASPET Daily
Datablitz and in division platform showcases.
ASPET regular, postdoc, and emeritus members can both submit their own work or sponsor the work of graduate students, undergraduates, and non-members. ASPET graduate student members may submit their own work but cannot sponsor others.
Travel award and poster competition eligibility is based on student and postdoc submission to ASPET topic categories.
Thursday, November 14, 2019, 11:59 PM PST *
* Please note: The abstract deadline will not be extended. Abstracts not received by November 14, 2019 will not be included in the regular program. After November 14th you will need to apply for a Last-Chance Abstract with a higher submission processing fee and will be ineligible for honors, awards, and podium talks.
Notifications about acceptance of abstracts submitted by November 14th will be sent by February 3rd.
Submit your research to an ASPET topic category
How to be considered for ASPET Oral Presentations
Abstracts submitted by students and postdocs may also be considered for an oral presentation in related symposia, division platform sessions,
or the ASPET Daily Datablitz sessions. If selected for oral presentation, you will also be scheduled to present a poster. If your accepted abstract is not selected for an oral presentation, you will still be scheduled for a poster. No separate
application is needed. When submitting your abstract to EB, be sure to select an ASPET topic category.
How to be considered for an ASPET Travel Award
Eligible students and postdocs must submit their work through EB to any ASPET category below AND complete the related ASPET application forms through the ASPET Award Portal.
Applications for ASPET travel awards close on Monday, November 18, 2019.
How to be considered for an ASPET Poster Award
New streamlined application process: Eligible students and postdocs must submit their work through EB to any ASPET category below and when prompted within the EB submission site, answer “yes” they want to be considered for the
ASPET Poster Competition (Step 5-Awards). Applications for ASPET poster awards close on
Thursday, November 14, 2019 when EB abstracts close. No other application is needed but have your ASPET membership ID number handy and be sure your membership is up to date (or join now!)
Criteria for Abstract Acceptance
Abstracts submitted for consideration will be reviewed by the ASPET Program Committee. For acceptance for presentation and publication, abstracts must comply with the instructions and scientific integrity policy as outlined by the Experimental Biology
meeting as well as meet the ASPET criteria below:
- Scientific Merit (original concept, improvement of previous idea, expands the field)
- Technical Quality (there are no major design or analysis issues)
- Abstract is Complete (contains a clear and satisfactory Objective/Aim/Hypothesis, Design/Approach/Methods, Results, and Conclusion)
- Relevance (contributes to improvement in scientific understanding)
- Originality (no concerns about scientific integrity/plagiarism)
- Language (satisfactory grammar/style and organization)
There is no guarantee that one’s abstract will be accepted or published.
ASPET Topic Categories