6th Annual Scientific Meeting - Functional Selectivity: From Theory to Reality
Saturday, May 6, 2017
University at Buffalo Center for Arts, Buffalo, NY
Speakers | Program | Registration | Abstract Submission | Location
The New York Pharmacology Society (NYPS) Chapter of ASPET will hold its 6th Annual Scientific Meeting on Saturday, May 6th, 2017 at the University at Buffalo Center for Arts in Buffalo, NY. The theme of the scientific meeting is Functional Selectivity: From Theory to Reality.
Plenary Symposium will include talks from Dr. Jonathan A. Javitch, Lieber Professor of Experimental Therapeutics, Columbia University Medical Center, Dr. Richard Mailman, Professor of Pharmacology, Penn State University and Dr. William P. Clarke, Maharaj Ticku Professor of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Sciences Center San Antonio.
Functional selectivity has introduced a new level of complexity which requires significantly greater understanding of receptor dynamics and the interaction with transduction mechanisms. Further, this has clear impact on modern drug discovery and development. This topic is timely and will be of great interest to the chapter and the greater scientific community.
For detailed information, visit the annual meeting program page. Students and faculty from regional New York area universities and colleges may submit abstracts for papers or posters for presentation at the meeting.
Registration fees for the 2017 Annual Meeting which includes NYPS annual dues are:
|Regular Registration - Academic and Industry
|Graduate Students, Laboratory Specialists
We encourage everyone to join NYPS and ASPET, but you do not need to be a member to present at the annual meeting. Please support this regional chapter of ASPET.
Deadline for submission of abstracts for talks and posters is April 20, 2017.
- Abstracts should be formatted in accordance with Experimental Biology specifications.
- The body of the abstract must have a minimum of 100 characters and maximum of 1220 characters. The abstract title, authors, affiliations, and body of the abstract should not exceed 1620 characters, excluding spaces.
- Abstracts must have full first and last names of all authors.
- To submit your abstract, fill out the form on the NYPS University at Buffalo abstract submission site and upload your abstract as a Word file.
- The login password for the abstract submission site is: abstract
- Once logged into the abstract site, the abstract guidelines are available via a link at the top of the abstract submission form.
- The abstract submission site allows for revisions. In case of a necessary revision, you may upload a new file. The version that is currently uploaded to our database as of the April 20, 2017, deadline will be considered final.
To participate in the poster competition, a PDF or Powerpoint version of the poster must be uploaded on the abstract submission form along with the abstract submission.
For further information, please contact Rajendram Rajnarayanan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2017 NYPS Annual Meeting will be held at the University at Buffalo Center for the Arts.
Directions: 103 Center For the Arts, Buffao, NY 14260