Applications for the 2015–2016 award cycle are currently closed.
Experimental Biology 2015
Boston, MA | March 28 – April 1, 2015
The award will be presented at the ASPET business meeting and awards presentation on March 28, 2015 during the ASPET Annual Meeting, which the applicant must attend. The award consists of:
- An award certificate
- The sum of $600 to partially defray the costs of travel and subsistence to attend the ASPET Annual Meeting at Experimental Biology 2015
- Up to $400 additional travel reimbursement provided upon submission of original valid receipts after the meeting
Application Criteria and Process
- Applicant must have been an ASPET SURF fellow in the Summer of 2014. Both individual and institutional SURF fellows are eligible.
- Applicant must be a member of ASPET to access the award application.
Undergraduate student membership in ASPET is free. Please plan ahead
and apply for membership at least two weeks prior to the deadline. We
will expedite the membership review process.
- Applicant must have submitted and be the presenting author of an
abstract at the Experimental Biology 2015 meeting in Boston, MA in an
ASPET topic category.
- Applicant cannot receive a travel award from another Experimental Biology sponsoring society.
- Multiple applicants from within an institutional SURF program may apply individually for a SURF travel award. Submission of an application does not guarantee receipt of an award.
- Applicant must register for the Experimental Biology meeting. Undergraduate student registration to the EB 2015 meeting is free.
- Applicant is required to attend the ASPET Graduate Student-Postdoctoral Colloquium on Saturday, March 28, 2015 from 2:45 pm–5:15 pm at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. The award will be voided if the student does not attend the ASPET colloquium at the EB Meeting.
- The additional travel reimbursement will be mailed after the meeting upon submission of original valid travel receipts.
How to Apply
- You must have already submitted your abstract via Experimental
Biology. You will need your abstract and abstract number to submit this
- Your application must be made using the online application form (see
link above). You must be a member of ASPET and log into your account to
access the application. If you have difficulty logging in, please
contact the membership department (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 301-634-7060.
- Complete the application as requested.
- You will be required to combine all required documents and upload them as a
single Microsoft Word or PDF file up to 2 MB in file size. Upload the following documents:
a) A current curriculum vitae (CV). Please break your CV down into the following sections:
- Positions Held
- Awards and Honors
- Professional Society Memberships
b) A letter of recommendation from your sponsor/mentor
If you have questions about an award, please email email@example.com.
Last updated: June 4, 2015